A cervico-facial face lift is a combination of a mini-facelift and a neck lift.
It enables the skin to be tautened and a real “anti-age” effect to be obtained, while not erasing the patient’s expression wrinkles. The result is therefore natural and in no way alters the patient’s physiognomy.
It consists of making an incision, under local anaesthesia, from the front to the back of the ear. The surgeon tautens the skin, corrects the subcutaneous tissues (muscles and fat) and removes the surplus skin. The intervention takes about three hours.
Results and Post-Operative Treatment
After the operation, a dressing and some drains are kept in place for one or two days. The face remains swollen and the bruises on the face decrease after a period of seven to ten days after the operation.
After three weeks to a month, the results appear: a cervico-facial facelift smoothes and hardens the skin of the face, without altering its features.
Know more aout it
- An incision is made from the hairline, at the level of the temples, via the natural folds in front of and behind the ear, and towards the back of the head.
- The surgeon can then detach the skin of the underlying muscular and conjunctive tissues (i.e. the “SMAS”). The SMAS, which is far heavier than the skin itself, mainly determines the sagging of the face.
- After the surgeon has tautened the SMAS, the quantity of superfluous skin is got rid of and the skin is resewn without tension, in such a way that an invisible scar is obtained. According to the area to be tautened, the incision in front of the ear will be prolonged behind the ear (to treat the neck) or upwards until the hairline (in order to treat the cheeks, the corners of the mouth and the nasogenian fold).
- A facelift involves risks that are inherent to any intervention: there is a possibility, really small, of bleeding or infection.
- A facial nerve can be temporarily insensitive and cause symptoms of momentary paralysis (for example, a corner of the mouth which hangs or the fact of being unable entirely to close an eyelid) but these complications are extremely rare.
- A cervico-facial facelift gives excellent results, and the renovation of the features often has positive consequences at a psychological level.
- The beneficial effects of this facelift last for about fifteen years.